Does Qcad pro save hatches' alpha values in dxf?

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

bob93

Does Qcad pro save hatches' alpha values in dxf?

Post by bob93 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:02 am

Hello. I have qcad community 3.27.1 on linux
I use semitransparent solid hatches a lot and one problem is that hatches' alpha values don't save, so every time I open the file they're back at 255 and I have to change them manually for every hatch. It gets time consuming.
I thought perhaps this is simply a qcad community version limitation and I should upgrade, so I went to the Qcad pro features page but I didn't see any mention of this anywhere.
Is this still a problem in Qcad pro?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Does Qcad pro save hatches' alpha values in dxf?

Post by Husky » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:59 am

Hello bob93 - welcome to the QCAD forum.
bob93 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:02 am
Hello. I have qcad community 3.27.1 on linux
I use semitransparent solid hatches a lot and one problem is that hatches' alpha values don't save, so every time I open the file they're back at 255 and I have to change them manually for every hatch. It gets time consuming.
Indeed - I can confirm that. Thanks for the report!
bob93 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:02 am
I thought perhaps this is simply a qcad community version limitation and I should upgrade, so I went to the Qcad pro features page but I didn't see any mention of this anywhere.
No - that is not a QCAD CE limitation. The same issue can be find in Pro what I consider as a bug.
However - it is always a good idea to go Pro ... :lol:

I'll file a bugreport for you.

Bugreport:
https://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.p ... sk_id=2449
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:12 pm

I can confirm this limitation of the QCAD Community Edition, respectively the DXF version that is used by QCAD CE.

However, I cannot reproduce this with QCAD Professional 3.27.9.

Here's how I proceed:
- Create a solid filled hatch
- Select the hatch entity
- Change property Alpha to 100
- Reload the file

Husky: Please note that DXF R15 and older do not support transparency in hatch entities. Could it be that you are using an older format version?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:59 pm

andrew wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:12 pm
Husky: Please note that DXF R15 and older do not support transparency in hatch entities. Could it be that you are using an older format version?
Yes - I tricked my self with a logical fallacy. I used for testing the with CE created file in Pro what means it was a R15 format.
Sorry for my misleading statement - and yes, you are right: Pro is capable to save alpha values! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”