Break out segment tool functioning differently

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Hambone404
Newbie Member

Break out segment tool functioning differently

Post by Hambone404 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:28 pm

Hi,

My break out segment tool started working differently today. I am on version 3.15.2.0, Windows 7 74 bit. Before today, the break out segment tool would cut intersecting lines, but today, when I use the tool, it breaks intersecting segments, but does not remove them. Works almost like the divide tool, except it automatically selects the intersecting segments. I have to select the reset/active arrow tool, select the segment that the break out segment made and delete the part.

I have attached a dxf for your review. I am using the break out segment to delete the intersecting segments above/below the upper exploded text.

Thanks,
Brad
Attachments
last name circle-ESTABLISHED DATE-Template2-JEFF & MEGAN KOHLS.dxf
(322.79 KiB) Downloaded 326 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Break out segment tool functioning differently

Post by Husky » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:43 am

Hi Hambone404,

the "Break out Segment" tool comes with an option: "Remove Segment" "yes or no". To remove the segment automatically it has to be ticked on?
Husky-2016.06.29-01.png
Husky-2016.06.29-01.png (43.28 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”