Black circles on pdf intersections

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

crowhurst

Black circles on pdf intersections

Post by crowhurst » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:51 pm

I'm preparing files for printing some full-sized plans for my kayaks. One option I'm working on is to supply a pdf for use on a continuous roll printer 840mm wide. One issue is that several solid black circles, 22mm in diameter, appear on the paper print-out at the intersections of a straight line and a spline, where the intersection is almost at 90 degrees. When I zoom right in on the parent .dwg file I see a perfect clean junction, with no circle.
I've spoken to the commercial print shop, and the technical staff could offer no explanation.

On another issue, can one enable borderless PDF printing within QCAD?
With thanks in advance, Nick.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Black circles on pdf intersections

Post by Husky » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi Nick,

is this a QCAD drawing? However - would it be possible for you to post this drawing or at least an example drawing what shows the same problem? If your drawing is confidential you can use my PM and it will stay confidential! :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

crowhurst

Post by crowhurst » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:30 pm

Husky, thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, this is the paper print-out of the pdf saved from the QCAD .dwg file. Do you want the .dwg, the pdf, or both?
The design is not yet released to the world, so does the PM system allow attachments?
Nick

Husky

Post by Husky » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:46 pm

crowhurst wrote:Husky, thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, this is the paper print-out of the pdf saved from the QCAD .dwg file. Do you want the .dwg, the pdf, or both?
both
crowhurst wrote:The design is not yet released to the world, so does the PM system allow attachments?
Usually yes but we had a forum update and I'm not sure. Try it and isn't it working give me a note and I will send you my e-mail address
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

crowhurst

Post by crowhurst » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:53 pm

I've PM'd the .dwg and PDF to you.
Nick.

Husky

Post by Husky » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:16 pm

Thanks!

The problem is caused by "Points" in that particular drawing. To get rid of them use the "Selection Filter" in QCAD (you're working with the QCAD Pro Version?)
Launch the selection Filter, (Menu/View/Selection Filter),
tell the Selection Filter what you are looking for ...
Husky-2016.11.11-04.png
Husky-2016.11.11-04.png (10.5 KiB) Viewed 7454 times
... hit the Buttom in the Selection Filter for "Replace current Selection" and delete the Points.

Now you should be ready to go to create a new pdf without those points.

Please test it and give me an update of the result.

crowhurst

Post by crowhurst » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:36 pm

Husky, many thanks. It may not be this evening (UK time) as I have "honeydoos" !
Nick.

Husky

Post by Husky » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:51 pm

You're welcome - I'm glad it works!

Have a nice evening ... :wink:

crowhurst

Post by crowhurst » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Husky, each time I now export to PDF all I get is a two blank page PDF. I've zoomed right out. I've tried it three times: File> Export as PFD > Save as (PFD)
There were just the four blue blobs on the four positions of the black discs. I deleted those, and the .dwg appears complete.
Nick.

crowhurst

Post by crowhurst » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:06 pm

I've just PM'd you the .dwg with the four points deleted, and the blank PDF.
Nick.

crowhurst

Post by crowhurst » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:45 pm

I've now gone back a couple of stages, resaved the .dwg, saved to PDF and the black circles have disappeared, thank you.
Nick.

crowhurst

Post by crowhurst » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:35 am

Husky, when I now export this file to PDF the result is a blank representation of the white paper at the correct size, but no graphics. This occurred after removing "points" via Selection Filter. I am able to export other files to PDF from QCad.
To attempt to fix this I have re-installed Adobe Acrobat and QCad Pro v3 15 5 and ensured that in Graphics view> appearance that the box is checked for "prevent white on white/black on black"
I will PM you the full size .dwg file and the 25% scale .dwg which is the one I need to send to the commercial printer.
I've run out of ideas, so I'd be most grateful for your help.
Nick

Husky

Post by Husky » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:41 pm

crowhurst wrote:... To attempt to fix this I have re-installed Adobe Acrobat and QCad Pro v3 15 5 ...
Hi Nick,

I think the problem is based in the pdf reader and not in QCAD. I tested your (via PM) pdf in two different reader - on the screenshot on the left I used the adobe reader:

Screen Shot deleted by Husky/ Moderator

If you have a different reader please check it by yourself.

crowhurst

Post by crowhurst » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:00 pm

The commercial print company I use asks for the documents in Adobe PDF, so I'm stuck at present. I'll look into alternative readers, and try to understand how to use them in QCad. I had reinstalled Adobe reader this morning in order to rule out that as a source of error.
Thanks for the reply
Nick

Husky

Post by Husky » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:35 pm

Question: Do they (you?) really need a "one page" pdf which is 841x6600 mm? Would not also work a two side pdf? Adobe is able to read the drawing divided in two. Or put the parts on a 1800x3500 sheet ...

I'm curious to know why you need this printout in this size? A Printout which is 6600 mm in lengths ...

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”