dwg2svg conversion

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

swardi
Registered Member

dwg2svg conversion

Post by swardi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi,

I am using QCAD to convert dxf files into svg. I am doing this for a software where we are allowing user to import their CAD drawings. I am facing a strange problem. Some of my files are getting converted correctly but others are not. My software is using dwv2svg command from a java class. Attached are two samples files which are not getting converted correctly. I tried to open them in QCAD desktop application and they were looking fine. When I tried to export them to SVG from desktop application I was getting same behaviour.
Attachments
house.dxf
(16.1 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
House Floor Plan Sample.dwg
(230.07 KiB) Downloaded 243 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: dwg2svg conversion

Post by andrew » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:00 pm

In house.dxf, the lineweight of layer 0 is set to 0.00mm (which means as thin as possible in the CAD world).

dwg2svg translates this into a stroke-width of 0.001 in SVG (since 0 would mean invisible in the SVG world). 0.001 is still hardly visible unless you zoom in a lot.

You can either adjust the lineweight in the DXF (lineweight of layer 0) or pass a minimum lineweight to dwg2svg, e.g.:

dwg2svg -minlineweight=0.1 house.dxf

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”