Exploding fonts

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

tamerhirca
Newbie Member

Exploding fonts

Post by tamerhirca » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi;
whenever I explode texts, the shapes consist of numerous arcs and lines. Even if I convert them to polylines, manufacturing these objects is quite problematic; they do not behave as continuous lines. Is there a specific font appropriate for machining or a method to convert them more effectively ?
Thanks.

Tamer

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Exploding fonts

Post by andrew » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:13 pm

What shapes do you wish to get (if not arcs, lines or polylines)? You might want to attach your drawing file or a screenshot to explain your problem in more detail, thanks.

tamerhirca
Newbie Member

Post by tamerhirca » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi;
I am happy with arcs, lines and polylines. The problem is that one letter once exploded consists of 60-70 even more of such entities. When cutting long texts with laser this creates a slight performance issue. I wonder if there is a font better suitable for such purposes (ie exploding to less segments)
Thanks.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:56 pm

You can try Draw > Polygon > Simplify to simplify the polygons after exploding the texts. You can enter the maximum angle deviation at the top to simplify more or less aggressively.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”