[solved] Hatching

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Smart
Newbie Member

[solved] Hatching

Post by Smart » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:13 am

Hello
I wonder if I do something wrong but I have some Function not working in simple way (Newest Version x.4, Win 64,
I am running 10 newest Update)
I draw a simple circle. I want to hatch the area I select it and then go over to the Sidebar to hit Hatch-Symbol - Nothing happens!
If I use "hatch or ha in command line - all OK, If I select circle with right mouse button i can then chose to hatch.

When hitting Hatch-Symbol in sidebar something hangs as to deselect ESC has to be hit several times.

All the best
Smart

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hatching

Post by Husky » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:19 am

Hi Smart,
Smart wrote:I draw a simple circle. I want to hatch the area I select it and then go over to the Sidebar to hit Hatch-Symbol - Nothing happens!
If I use "hatch or ha in command line - all OK, If I select circle with right mouse button i can then chose to hatch.
I can't reproduce it on my Win10.
There are now 3 Hatch Symbols - just to be on the same Page you are using the Symbol for the "Hatch from Selection (HA) and not an other one?
Husky-2017.01.18-01.png
Husky-2017.01.18-01.png (35.89 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Smart
Newbie Member

Post by Smart » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Well, somehow I do not get that far, it gets stuck first step, no change of menu
Attachments
Hatch.jpg
Hatch.jpg (67.24 KiB) Viewed 5377 times

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:53 pm

This sounds like version 3.15 and 3.16 were mixed into one directory.

I'd recommend to delete the QCAD installation directory manually and re-install QCAD 3.16. This can happen when updating from 3.15.x to 3.16.x (into the same directory). However, this should not happen in future updates, provided the MSI installer is used always to update.

Smart
Newbie Member

Post by Smart » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Well, thanks.
I de-installed QCAD including all subdirectories and then cleaned registry. After installing new version from scratch, all worked fine.
Have a nice weekend
Smart

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”