QCAD defaults to ctb prinstyle

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

cccplex

QCAD defaults to ctb prinstyle

Post by cccplex » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:54 am

Is there a way to save drawings with stb printstyle. I recon QCAD does not use printstyles but I also use draftsight with my drawings for printing.

I open a file in draftsight and save it as either dxf or dwg (tested both with version R2013) with stb printstyle. Then I open this file in QCAD and save it. Then opening the file in draftsight and the prinstyle is changed to ctb and no way to change it again.

I also cannot use ctb prinstyle because all the stand layer colors are changed to rgb. So white/black becomes RGB:0,0,0

I should be possible right? Because both programs use the Teigha backend. Does anyone have advice on how to use both together :?:
15.6 GiB memory - i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz - GeForce GTX 1650 - Latest Ubuntu

andrew
Site Admin

Re: QCAD defaults to ctb prinstyle

Post by andrew » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:01 am

I can confirm that print styles are not supported by QCAD.

Note that QCAD only uses Teigha for DXF/DWG import, not as a backend. QCAD can also be used without Teigha.

cccplex

Re: QCAD defaults to ctb prinstyle

Post by cccplex » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:29 am

But it also uses Teigha format for saving files right? So somehow the switch from stb to ctb is made. Or is no printstyle interpreted by draftsight as ctb?
15.6 GiB memory - i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz - GeForce GTX 1650 - Latest Ubuntu

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”