Modifying Shortcuts

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

BarryW

Modifying Shortcuts

Post by BarryW » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:31 am

Hi everybody
(QCAD pro 3.17.3, windows 10)

If I use the "Applications - Tool Settings" menu to change a shortcut, that seems to work OK. However if I unbind a shortcut, the shortcut stays deleted only until QCAD is restarted, when the original shortcut re-appears.

For instance - I have no use for <+> and <-> to work zoom in/out, (I use the mouse wheel to zoom), and would prefer <+> and <-> to rotate, like I'm used to with Autosketch. So I unbind the shortcuts for the zoom command, and change the rotate shortcuts to use <+> and <->.

That works OK until you close and re-start QCAD, after which the original shortcut is re-applied for zoom, which then conflicts with my setting to rotate.

Is this intentional ? If I decide to unbind a shortcut, surely it should stay unbound ?
Andrew?

thanks
BarryW.

TSG
Premier Member

Re: Modifying Shortcuts

Post by TSG » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:05 am

With my QCAD 3.17.3 it works well.

1. find the command with the assigned key you want to use elsewhere (i.e. Zoom In)
2. remove this assigned key (Shortcuts/Remove)
3. find the new command you want to assign the now free key to (i.e. Rotate Clockwise)
4. Assign the free key to the new command (Shortcuts/Enter new shortcut/Add).

The new assigned shortcut is available immediately.
Same after restarting QCAD.

regards Thomas
Ich will nicht streiten. Ich will nur deutlich machen, dass ich Recht habe und DU NICHT.

BarryW

Post by BarryW » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:27 pm

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for that observation.
I have no problem changing shortcuts, until QCAD is restarted.
At that point the zoom command, from which the shortcut was unbound, is re-populated with the original shortcut, giving two commands with the same shortcut.

Have a look at the zoom command from which you unbound the shortcut. Has the original shortcut re-appeared?

It seems to me that you cannot leave a command with no shortcut. The only way I can keep rotate on the <+> key is to assign another new useless shortcut to zoom, which then does not get over-ridden.

(Windows 10, QCAD 3.17.3 pro, intel i7)

thanks,
BarryW

TSG
Premier Member

Post by TSG » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:39 am

Hi BarryW,

yes, you're right. If you delete ALL key shortcuts for a specific command QCAD will restore them all after restarting.
Some people say, its not a bug, its a feature. :o
When you leave at least ONE key shortcut the assignments will not be replaced by the originals after restarting.
I can't imagine that this could be a problem.

regards Thomas
Ich will nicht streiten. Ich will nur deutlich machen, dass ich Recht habe und DU NICHT.

BarryW

Post by BarryW » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi Thomas,
Yes It's OK if you know about it, it just surprised me by restoring what I had just deleted...
No worries,

thanks,
Barry

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”