Text Box dimensioning

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Matfie

Text Box dimensioning

Post by Matfie » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi

I came across a strange problem. I was using Autodesk Fusion 360 software for 3D modelling at work. (this is free for educational use and is fairly easy to learn). Fusion 360 has the possibility of creating drawings directly associated with the 3D model which is nice and I was using this to produce a set of instructions for students to make the product (a simple bird house, cutting lists and different views etc). Anyway, since I am somewhat fussy I didn't like the default title block which Fusion 360 was using so I learned that to change this you create a .DWG and import it. This is where QCAD comes in, since it is my DWG editor of choice.

Alas, since I'm here on the forum.. something didn't work. I've posted my query to the autodesk forum here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-3 ... 83#M143776

and the gist of it seems to be that the problem text in the .DWG which is not formatted correctly does not have a dimension associated with it. I don't really know if that makes sense, since the text is the size of the text. But, it seems that AutoCAD text items have a dimension and a margin also associated with them when saved and because the drawing I produced with QCAD did not have that, then it did not show up correctly in Fusion, sigh

So. The files I used and the explanation offered are on that thread on the Autodesk forum (I could post them here directly if required) but is this a known issue, does anybody know of any workaround?

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Text Box dimensioning

Post by CVH » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:49 am

Better later then never ...

QCAD now supports text column width.
One can set this in the Property Editor, zero is none.
It will not break up words.

Regards,
CVH

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”