Leader Arrows Disappearing in Layout Space Viewports

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

mbhochha
Newbie Member

Leader Arrows Disappearing in Layout Space Viewports

Post by mbhochha » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:11 am

When I scale a viewport in my layout space the leader arrows sometimes disappear. Usually when viewport scale is set below 1/2(.5).

Windows 7 Pro
QCad 3.19.2
Attachments
Mounting Plate Detail.dxf
(107.46 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
ModelSpace.jpg
ModelSpace.jpg (353.68 KiB) Viewed 3753 times
LayoutSpace.jpg
LayoutSpace.jpg (311.77 KiB) Viewed 3753 times

mbhochha
Newbie Member

Re: Leader Arrows Disappearing in Layout Space Viewports

Post by mbhochha » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:07 pm

I see this has been viewed a couple of times but no one has commented. Just wondering if I could get some feedback, is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. Thanks

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:11 pm

I haven't had a chance to look into this yet.

Generally, leader arrows are not displayed if the arrow occupies more than half of the segment it is on. This could be causing this, but as far as I can see, this should not happen here, so this would be a bug, yes.

mbhochha
Newbie Member

Post by mbhochha » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:18 am

Thanks for the response. I think you hit the nail on the head. I did a little experimentation if a draw a 2" leader with a 1" arrow, put it into a viewport that is 1:1 scale the arrow appears. If I then put the same leader into a viewport at .99 scale the arrow doesn't show.

The same held true for the orignal file I attached, the viewport with the one missing arrow is scaled to .33. I assume, the scaled arrows in that viewport would now be .33" but when the segment it is on is under 2" the arrow disappears.

It appears as if the what ever logic is being used to check if the arrow is larger then half the segment it is on, is using the size of the unscaled arrow not the size of the scaled arrow. But that's just my two cents.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”