[Workaround] Restore open files at startup not working

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Relic

Re: Restore open files at startup not working

Post by Relic » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:42 pm

petevick wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:36 pm
I think the only way forward for you is to totally uninstall Qcad, making sure that the ini file has been removed, then reinstall Qcad.
Did it, nothing changed. By the way I noticed another quirk: I have to set manually the status bar on every time I launch QCAD, as the preference flag is always saved as "false". That's annoying as I rely on the statusbar all the time.
Husky wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:03 pm
1. If you open QCAD and it doesn't load the last opened drawing can you open the drawing manually over Menu/File/Open ... without any error messages?
yes, the files open and close normally
Husky wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:03 pm
2. Open QCAD, Un-tick "Restore open files" in Application Preferences. close QCAD.
Open QCAD again, Tick "Restore open files", close QCAD.
Open QCAD, load a drawing and test what happens after closing / re-opening QCAD. You already know the drill ...
wax on, wax off... :D I repeated the drill a bunch of times hoping for the best but no cigar. Then uninstalled ver. 3.26.4.13 + the config file and reinstalled it with the same result. Following this process I didn't notice that the status bar was put off by QCAD, then I suspect there is something wrong with the ini file.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:05 am

Relic wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:53 pm
I just upgraded to QCAD Pro 3.26.4.13, set the preference to open the last opened file at startup but it doesn't work.
What was the previos version? Was the setting (Restore open files, Status Bar) working with the predecessor?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Relic

Post by Relic » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:56 pm

Husky wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:05 am
What was the previos version? Was the setting (Restore open files, Status Bar) working with the predecessor?
I was on 3.22.1.0 until the 21st of November and the Status Bar never failed before, though the menu bug filed at https://qcad.org/bugtracker/index.php?d ... sk_id=1443 was and is still present. Restore open files was introduced in 3.25.0.

ryancousins
Premier Member

Post by ryancousins » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:25 am

Relic, I downloaded your config.ini file and used it on my Mac running MacOS 12.0.1 and QCAD 3.26.4.9 and the restore open files option worked fine. I know that's not very helpful but I figured testing this out on one more Mac couldn't hurt.

Relic

Post by Relic » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:34 pm

ryancousins wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:25 am
Relic, I downloaded your config.ini file and used it on my Mac running MacOS 12.0.1 and QCAD 3.26.4.9 and the restore open files option worked fine. I know that's not very helpful but I figured testing this out on one more Mac couldn't hurt.
hi ryancousins, I am happy QCAD runs fine on your Mac but we have different hardware and different OS, infact my iMac can't go beyond 10.13.6 and yours has 12.0.1 so it must be a newer Mac than mine. What about the Status Bar? Does it stay on from one session to the next?

Relic

Post by Relic » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:53 pm

ryancousins
Premier Member

Post by ryancousins » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:29 pm

Relic wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:34 pm
What about the Status Bar? Does it stay on from one session to the next?
Yes, the status bar does stay on for me. I'm sorry you're having this issue. Hopefully a solution will present itself.

Relic

Re: [Workaround] Restore open files at startup not working

Post by Relic » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:07 pm

Hi,
incidentally I found a workaround that works on my Mac, see https://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic. ... 957#p39957

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”