Imported Image Has No Content

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Wilko500
Newbie Member

Imported Image Has No Content

Post by Wilko500 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:35 pm

I have an image of a part I wish to trace. After I import the image all I have is a rectangle. It seems to have no content. This import is not something I have done before so perhaps I have missed something? What I did was Draw- Import Image (IM) select the image and insert it. I have tried .BMP, .PNG and .JPEG. All end up as an empty rectangle.

I am working on QCAD Professional 3.27.1.0 (3.27.1) running on MacOS Monterey 12.4. When I view the file(s) with finder they all show the image correctly.

Have I missed an import option? I have attached a screenshot of after import and the image Bracket.bmp that I am trying to import.

Thanks

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Imported Image Has No Content

Post by Husky » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:05 pm

Wilko500 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:35 pm
I have attached a screenshot of after import and the image Bracket.bmp that I am trying to import.
No, there is no screenshot ...

However, please make sure that the active layer isn't invisible, locked or frozen. Did you receive an error message?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Wilko500
Newbie Member

Solved - Re: Imported Image Has No Content

Post by Wilko500 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:36 pm

Thank you Husky for your prompt reply. My apologies for the missing screenshot, I don't know what happened to it.

I have just gone back into my drawing to double check your suggestions and can confirm that it was not invisible, locked or frozen nor was there any error however it now works!!!

I went through the same procedure as before and tried to insert the very same image and it worked just as it should have. So nothing had changed other than exiting QCAD and re-loading it. I do not understand why closing and opening QCAD would make a difference.

Thank you anyway and I will mark this thread as solved

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”