[solved] Trial version to purchased version

Post your question about installing or upgrading QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Post one question per topic.

mbcarpenter
Newbie Member

[solved] Trial version to purchased version

Post by mbcarpenter » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:27 pm

Running Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.6
Qcad/cam version 3.27.8.0
Need directions (not the best with computers but learning) I downloaded the trail version a couple weeks ago and purchased Qcad on 1-28-23. I thought I had installed it correctly but after I save a drawing I’ve been working on and reopen it it says it’s the trail version and wants me to delete some file. How do I delete those files and will this stop from running a few minutes and telling me it closing down and I need to restart?
Thanks in advance
Mike

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Trial version to purchased version

Post by andrew » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:33 pm

After your purchase of QCAD/CAM, an e-mail was sent to you with a download link. Use this link to download the full version of QCAD/CAM. After downloading the full version of QCAD/CAM, you also need to install the full version of QCAD/CAM to replace the trial version.

For more details, please refer also to our web site at:
https://www.qcad.org/en/accessing-downloads-updates

Laddfarm
Registered Member

Post by Laddfarm » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:11 am

ok i downloaded the trial version. then I bought the qcad pro and the qcad ebook i did not see the email link to use so i downloaded the off the web site now i can't get the pro version to install . when i open it still shows the trial version any help. thanks

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:57 am

Laddfarm wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:11 am
ok i downloaded the trial version. then I bought the qcad pro and the qcad ebook i did not see the email link to use so i downloaded the off the web site now i can't get the pro version to install . when i open it still shows the trial version any help. thanks
Only the by download link provided QCAD version will install a Professional version. All online available download links are Trial and/or Community versions.
To recover a lost download link please refer to this website:
https://qcad.org/en/recover-lost-download-link
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Laddfarm
Registered Member

Post by Laddfarm » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:53 pm

SOLVED I figured it out forgot to download the installer :roll: thanks for the help

Return to “QCAD Installation and Upgrades”