linux system wide install

Post your question about installing or upgrading QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Post one question per topic.

alessandro_volpi
Registered Member

linux system wide install

Post by alessandro_volpi » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:22 pm

The default QCAD 2.2 installation was on /opt and the program was available for use to any user of the linux system.
I have tried to install QCAD 3.7 as root relying on the .run installer program and I found out that it was installed on /root/opt/ , so that it could not be used by any user except root .
I have then tried to move the installation from /root/opt/ to /opt/ ; this did not work, since some libraries could not be found ...; it is likely that some environment variables are not correctly set.
At the end I installed QCAD as a plain user . It was installed on $HOME/opt/ and it is now working perfectly.
The problem is that the program is not available for another user in the system who also needs occasionally to rely on it ...
Is anyone able to suggest a solution for a system wide install of qcad-3.7.5_pro ? Thanks.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: linux system wide install

Post by andrew » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:13 pm

Please note that we also offer a tar.gz file, which you can download and simply extract in any desired location. There is no real advantage of using the installer in this situation.

Return to “QCAD Installation and Upgrades”