archetectural standards

Post your question about installing or upgrading QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Post one question per topic.

joewillie
Registered Member

archetectural standards

Post by joewillie » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Windows 10 Prof QCADPro v.3.11.3
Does QCAD have a library of architectural standards (sinks, bathtubs, commodes, chairs, beds, desks, etc), and how do I get them, if available?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: archetectural standards

Post by Husky » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:04 pm

joewillie wrote:Windows 10 Prof QCADPro v.3.11.3
Does QCAD have a library of architectural standards (sinks, bathtubs, commodes, chairs, beds, desks, etc), and how do I get them, if available?
Hi - check this out: Part Libraries
http://www.qcad.org/en/qcad-add-ons
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

joewillie
Registered Member

Post by joewillie » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:57 pm

Husky: Thanks for the guidance - got the files downloaded and unzipped. What QCAD commands do I use to get the items onto a drawing? I've looked, but I don't think I know what to look for. Thanks again . . .

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:59 am

joewillie wrote:Husky: Thanks for the guidance - got the files downloaded and unzipped. What QCAD commands do I use to get the items onto a drawing? I've looked, but I don't think I know what to look for. Thanks again . . .
The best way to administrate library items is to store and use them out of the library / library browser. Check out where your default library path is - save the downloaded items under the same path and create plausible subdirectories. Open the library browser in QCAD - update database from file system (Button in the library browser - bottom right corner) and from now on you can use the items in your drawing. All what you now need to do is to select the item in the Library browser and use the Arrow Button for "Insert selected Item into drawing"
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Installation and Upgrades”