Installing updates for Professional version

Post your question about installing or upgrading QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Post one question per topic.

JulesB

Installing updates for Professional version

Post by JulesB » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:44 am

Hi,
I purchased QCAD Pro (3.16.4) in Jan this year.
I have just read the notes about installing updates, and the email link now goes to a download page for QCAD Pro 3.18.1. Is this correct? There is no update file as such but I need to uninstall QCAD and reinstall with the new version?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Installing updates for Professional version

Post by Husky » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:13 am

Hi JulesB,
JulesB wrote:Hi,
I purchased QCAD Pro (3.16.4) in Jan this year.
I have just read the notes about installing updates, and the email link now goes to a download page for QCAD Pro 3.18.1. Is this correct? There is no update file as such but I need to uninstall QCAD and reinstall with the new version?
A QCAD update is always a Full version - with other words ... yes, the link is correct!
Uninstall QCAD? I don't know on which OS you will run QCAD. If Windows and you decide to use the .msi installation then the installation process will take care of everything.
If you like to use an Archive (zip etc) then make sure that the new version will not be mixed with an old installation what means use a new(?) empty Folder. In this case you need to delete the old installation manually but I would wait with that until you know that the update version is proper working.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

JulesB

Re: Installing updates for Professional version

Post by JulesB » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:40 am

Thank you Husky. Much appreciated 8)

Return to “QCAD Installation and Upgrades”