Qcad cannot install on Linux (Permission denied)

Post your question about installing or upgrading QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Post one question per topic.

lagahlagah
Registered Member

Qcad cannot install on Linux (Permission denied)

Post by lagahlagah » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:44 am

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to install qcad-3.25.2-pro on my Debian stretch (backports kernel 4.19) with the following instructions:

$ chmod a+x qcad-3.25.2-pro-linux-x86_64.run
$ ./qcad-3.25.2-pro-linux-x86_64.run
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing QCAD....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
/home/myhome/qcad-3.25.2-pro-linux-x86_64.run: 1: eval: ./setup.sh: Permission denied

If I try with sudo, I have the same error message. I have already used alternative tmpdir= and target= parameters.
I would appreciate it if have some help. Thanks guys

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Qcad cannot install on Linux (Permission denied)

Post by andrew » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:24 am

This might be a security feature of your Debian installation.

I'd recommend to download and extract the tar.gz instead which covers these cases. Simply extract the tar.gz anywhere you like and run the contained "qcad" binary:

Code: Select all

tar xfvz qcad-3.25.2-pro-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
cd qcad-3.25.2-pro-linux-x86_64
./qcad

Return to “QCAD Installation and Upgrades”