Library Browser not hooked up to installed Library

Post your question about installing or upgrading QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Post one question per topic.

DaleEltoft

Library Browser not hooked up to installed Library

Post by DaleEltoft » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:04 am

I recently installed the latest version and when I got to Chapter 17 in the Introduction book I discovered that the Library Browser did not know where the Library was installed. I was able to poke around the QCAD files and "Add" it to the Browser. However, I believe the install process should have done that. Not exactly a bug. So I'm just mentioning it.

I'm running 3.26.4.0 on Windows.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Library Browser not hooked up to installed Library

Post by Husky » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:29 am

Questions: Did you manually update the Library Browser search index (DB) within the widget icon?

Husky-2021.06.28-06.png
Husky-2021.06.28-06.png (38.07 KiB) Viewed 9144 times

Did you then chose the default DB?

Husky-2021.06.28-08.png
Husky-2021.06.28-08.png (19.49 KiB) Viewed 9144 times

Or in the case you haven't updated the DB search index manually was the option ticked to update the search index automatically during the QCAD start below Application Preferences / Widgets / Library Browser ... before you launched QCAD?

Can not imagine any other reason why QCAD should not have found the default DB location.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

DaleEltoft

Re: Library Browser not hooked up to installed Library

Post by DaleEltoft » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:37 pm

I'm not sure about the manual update. I've clicked it subsequently with no change but that is likely because I updated via a different method.

I did go through all the choices (default and the 3 tabs). Folders showed up but were empty. Perhaps the update would have solved that but it's too late to tell.

What I did do was open the Application Preferences ==> Widgets ==> Library Browser
I observed that there were no library sources shown so I added the path C:/Program Files/QCAD/libraries
Then stuff showed up in the browser. My thought is that this path should have been in there when the app was installed.

I don't recall checking the Update on startup box but I might have. Anyway I see that it is checked now.

Return to “QCAD Installation and Upgrades”