Text Scaling

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

jocpo

Text Scaling

Post by jocpo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:22 pm

I have a need to change text proportions(scale): for example keeping the height(h) but to change the width(w) to say 75% or less. The scale change does not work with the QCAD set of fonts. Also I've added many fonts to QCAD and it doesn't work with any of them either. The fonts sets I've added are ttf. I load the fonts in my computer font file, then open the needed font in CAMBAM and export it as a DXF file and then I am able to open it in QCAD and work with them. Of course the fonts are recognized as objects but I am able to work with them.

Is there something I'm doing wrong when trying to make the fonts narrower, using the scale tool or is it just not possible to do this in QCAD?

Clive

Post by Clive » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:16 pm

This may help as a "work-around"!

1.From QCAD export the file as svg and open up in either Illustrator or Inkscape(free).
2.Change your width dimensions etc. then Export back to DXF.
3. Open up in QCAD again.

Its a bit of a chore I know but it might help!

Regards

Clive :D

jocpo

QCAD Font Scaling

Post by jocpo » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:26 am

I do use Inkscape to do the scaling. It's just for some things I do it would be easier to do it in QCAD first. Ultimately i f I do my drawing in QCAD I then export it as an SVG file and import it into Inkscape, size it and manipulate it then send it to a Graphtec cutter.

It would be nice to be able to send Inkscape dxf files to QCAD but the files don't seem to be compatible.

Thanks for your interest though.

Clive

Post by Clive » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Yes it would be good if you could manipulate text a little easier in QCAD I agree (same in Version 3 as well)- maybe submit a feature request for this :wink:

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”