In QCAD, there are various ways to start a tool such as the tool to draw lines.
- To browse through the various CAD tools available, you can use the CAD toolbar at the left:
- Alternatively, you can close the CAD toolbar (View > Toolbars and Widgets > Toolbars > CAD Tools) and use the tool matrix instead (View > Toolbars and Widgets > Widgets > Tool Matrix). The tool matrix shows all tools in one flat matrix. The filter input field at the top allows you to only show tools based on a keyword ("arc" will show all arc related tools).
- If you prefer to browse tools through a text interface, you can use the standard menu at the top, as in most applications (e.g. Draw > Line > Line from 2 Points).
- If you know the command that triggers a tool, you can also use the QCAD command line at the bottom. To move the keyboard focus to the command line, click into it with your mouse or hit the space key. For example hit space and then enter the command "line" into the QCAD command line widget and hit the enter key. QCAD launches the line tool and you can start drawing lines. In the command line you can also enter or paste coordinates or a whole list of coordinates.
- The fastest and most efficient way to start tools in QCAD is by using the two or three letter key codes provided for almost every tool. Make sure that the command line does NOT have the keyboard focus or press the Escape key to remove focus from the command line. Now press the L key, followed by the I key to start drawing lines. Press Escape when you are done. Press C followed by I to draw circles, etc. You can find all key codes listed in the menu or in the tooltips provided in the CAD toolbar or tool matrix.
Tips and tricks you want to share with other users. Tutorials, user submitted documentation, etc.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest