Howdy from Texas

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

JonCAD
Newbie Member

Howdy from Texas

Post by JonCAD » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:07 pm

Long time ACAD user here. I used it all day every day at work for 16 years. After that long CAD becomes part of one's being. :mrgreen: It's difficult to do certain things without it, which are simple with CAD.
I found QCAD a few years ago and had it on my Linux box for a couple of years, using it on a couple of personal projects. Now I'm on W7 because for some reason I cannot install Linux on this new machine, a safe BIOS something-or-other thing or some such. :|
I need a CAD now for a project and so remembered QCAD. I've just installed QC 3.13 trial version. What I'm doing is looking for the optimum place to install an amateur radio antenna on my property. I've inserted and scaled an aerial image, and that's about as far as I've gotten at this point. I'll have to learn the new-to-me UI, and then I should be good to go - I'll have a major "thinking tool" restored to me. 8)
Program looks good; thanks for all your hard work on it.
-jc

J-J

Re: Howdy from Texas

Post by J-J » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:47 am

Hi JonCAD

Welcome to the forum.
Good to find a ham on the forum, I have used QCAD to tackle quite a few projects, mostly keyers (if you have a look on QRZ...)
You will like the program, it is top value for the money.
73 from Marseille
Jean-Jacques -( F5IJO )
JJ Win7 pro-64

Return to “Introduce Yourself”