Greetings from the NW corner of the US mainland...

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

HDK
Newbie Member

Greetings from the NW corner of the US mainland...

Post by HDK » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:40 am

As I mentioned in the pre-purchase forum I used AutoCAD for over 16 years to create architectural construction documents for commercial projects (mainly schools) as well as geological cross sections, drill logs, and presentation graphics for a groundwater consulting company.

Now that I’m retired I like having a CAD program available at home for various projects and to work out some details for the small house my wife and I are having built. QCAD is ideal for these purposes. There are other software packages that have a somewhat more productive workflow, but at the cost of more complexity, less stability, and a greatly increased purchase price. Thanks to Andrew and all the folks that helped make QCAD as capable as it is.

I’m glad to see that there is an active forum as I’m a bit rusty with CAD, I last worked professionally with it in 2009, and of course need to train myself to use QCAD effectively. I bought both the Pro version of the software and the book, an excellent package for a reasonable cost.

Cheers,
David
QCAD 3.14.3.0 on a Mac with OS X Yosemite 10.10.3, 24GB ram

Return to “Introduce Yourself”