Hi from Bucks, UK

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

aaronrs
Registered Member

Hi from Bucks, UK

Post by aaronrs » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:20 pm

I have been using QCAD trial for a while.
I am in the process of knocking down my house and building a new one.
I have designs from a technical drawer but I now need to amend them.
I splashed out on the Pro edition and am getting to grips with some of the eccentricities of it.

One problem is that I am working at 1:1 and many tools do not display at a meaningful scale when initially added.
I tried adding dimensions and had to practice on a much smaller scale to see how to enlarge the text.
I am trying to see the arrows on Dimension/Leaders but do not appear to be able to enlarge them.

Seems I will have to do it manually.

Other than that and rather thin documentation, I see it as a very professional tool.
Have also been using Sketchup, which is great for visualisation but not for final architectural drawings.

Matfie

Re: Hi from Bucks, UK

Post by Matfie » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Hi (from south west UK)

how did you enlarge the text in the dimensions?

In Edit / Drawing Preferences -> Dimension / Dimension Settings you can change the Text Size, and changing this also changes the arrowhead size in that drawing .. to change it for all (new) drawings, you can do the same in Application Preferences

I'm thinking that if you changed the text but not the arrow size, you exploded the dimension and changed the text part with the property editor? I think that makes it 'not a dimension anymore' so won't change if you change the Drawing Preferences setting.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hi from Bucks, UK

Post by Husky » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Hello aaronrs - welcome to the QCAD Forum.
aaronrs wrote:I am in the process of knocking down my house and building a new one.
I have designs from a technical drawer but I now need to amend them.
Sounds like a concrete plan ... e_surprised
aaronrs wrote:I am trying to see the arrows on Dimension/Leaders but do not appear to be able to enlarge them.
You can adjust this settings for the actual drawing below Menu / Drawing Preferences / Dimension / Dimension Settings / Arrow size
Husky-2017.03.15-02.png
Husky-2017.03.15-02.png (40.62 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
Note:
Is the "Keep proportions" option is ticked you are not able to change the Arrow size!
aaronrs wrote:... I see it as a very professional tool.
Yes, I agree! :D

However - please feel free to search this forum for any question or if you can't find an answer just ask your question and we will be happy to help you!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”