Hello From Canada!

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Don W

Hello From Canada!

Post by Don W » Mon May 22, 2017 6:22 pm

I am new to CAD software but have extensive experience with Corel Draw. It will be interesting to see how easy it is to adapt.
My primary interest is in designing small parts for custom/ performance cars ( Hobby)
OS is Win7 Pro
QCAD Pro is Version 3.17.3.0 (3.17.3)
Revision 9c7770r

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hello From Canada!

Post by Husky » Mon May 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Hello Don W - welcome to the forum!
Don W wrote:It will be interesting to see how easy it is to adapt.
Don't worry about that - it's pretty easy especially with your previous knowledge in CorelDraw. :wink:

However - if you stuck within a task this forum will be a good resource for you to search for an answer. If you can't find something what helps just ask - we are here to help wherever we can!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Don W

Post by Don W » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Thanks! So far it has been fairly straight forward. :D
My only issue is when I try and save a file I get the message:

File format version you are using is not recommended. ( Pick what ever format you want) all black layers will be saved as white. All custom colors will be "rounded" to the nearest fixed color. Proceed?

This appears with almost every option I choose.

What ever I pick does not open in eDrawingOfficeAutomater cleanly. Only portions of the drawing are visible.

I also have an issue with setting the number of decimal places for a measurement.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Attachments
New Crank Pulley.dxf
(240.99 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
OS is Win7 Pro
Revision 9c7770r

Husky

Post by Husky » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Don W wrote:
File format version you are using is not recommended. ( Pick what ever format you want) all black layers will be saved as white. All custom colors will be "rounded" to the nearest fixed color. Proceed?
You are using the QCAD Community edition or the Pro?
Don W wrote:What ever I pick does not open in eDrawingOfficeAutomater cleanly.
Which dxf Format (R27, R15 etc.) can eDrawingOfficeAutomater read?
Don W wrote:I also have an issue with setting the number of decimal places for a measurement.
What means issue? You can't make the settings?

Right now it shows me this:
Husky-2017.06.06-01.png
Husky-2017.06.06-01.png (37.37 KiB) Viewed 10336 times
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Don W

Post by Don W » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:37 pm

Currently using .the Community Edition in Windows 7 Pro. If I can get what I need from that, I will upgrade to Pro.

Computer is a graphics work station and had no problems with 3D Corel rendering.

According to Solid Works " all DXF And DWG formats".

The issue is with Q CAD. I get this message when I go to save a file.It doesn't seem to matter what I select this is the message. If I ignore it the file it creates that can be opened with Q CAD but in several other programs A 360 Viewer, eDrawings the drawing is missing lines etc. If it does appear parts are greyed out and not responsive to measurements etc.

I have attached the same file saved in different formats and then opened with other programs. The above issues are there. Different programs have different results.

The measurement issue was an OIE (Operator Input Error. I didn't scroll down! :roll: ) That is what I was looking for just didn't find it.

Thanks for the help.
OS is Win7 Pro
Revision 9c7770r

Husky

Post by Husky » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:55 am

Don W wrote:Currently using .the Community Edition in Windows 7 Pro. If I can get what I need from that, I will upgrade to Pro.
That would be nice ..... but that is not why I have ask you. :shock:

The Community Edition is limited to the R15 dxf format. To "protect" the user a warning pops up when you try to save it into this older R15 Format. You can activate/deactivate this message below Menu/Edit/Application Preferences.

Don W wrote:The issue is with Q CAD. I get this message when I go to save a file.It doesn't seem to matter what I select this is the message. If I ignore it the file it creates that can be opened with Q CAD but in several other programs A 360 Viewer, eDrawings the drawing is missing lines etc. If it does appear parts are greyed out and not responsive to measurements etc.
No - I would say QCAD is able to handle this unusual situation ... :D
Your missing entities are on Layer "DEFPOINTS" with a customized Color (not recommended - but that is another story). My best guess is that the other programs are not able to handle a "black line on a black background" or a "white line on a white background" situation. I think that is what happens here. Move the entities from the layer DEFPOINTS to 0 and tell me if that will fix the problem. Thanks.

Don W

Post by Don W » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Thanks for the explanation on the file saving. That solved that issue.
"Defpoints " solved the other issues with other programs being able to see it.

THANK YOU! :lol:
OS is Win7 Pro
Revision 9c7770r

Husky

Post by Husky » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:19 am

You are welcome! :wink:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”