Calling from France

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

LouiseSJPP

Calling from France

Post by LouiseSJPP » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:00 pm

I've picked up on QCAD after several abortive attempts with other packages: SketchUp, FreeCAD and LibreCAD. I struggled with them all, not getting 'into' the ethos of the software. I found QCAD and immediately was able to begin creative work. It has a workflow which suits me, I think!

The need for the software is to design a house, an ecological house my husband and I will semi-retire into, a house which will look after us and the planet for hopefully a long time to come. How far we'll get with self-design and / or self-build, we're not sure yet, but we certainly want to explore thoroughly before handing off to an architect.

Louise

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Calling from France

Post by Husky » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:13 pm

Hello Louise,

thank you for introducing us to your "Plan". I like the idea! :D
QCAD is very intuitive and easy to learn and additional this forum is loaded with FAQ what helps a lot to understand the ethos of the software.
However, if you stuck feel free to ask question and I'm pretty confident that someone can help you.

Welcome to the forum!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”