I think it's time to say "Hi"

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

BertMv

I think it's time to say "Hi"

Post by BertMv » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:00 am

Hi

I already posted some questions, so I thought it time to introduce myself.
I recently decided to get back into my original job of draughtsman. I started working at an engineering firm straight out of school (1990/91) and I worked professionally with AutoCAD until 2012 when the company I worked for went belly-up and I got into webdesign.
Due (in part) to Corona I found myself without a job recently and got contacted by some old colleagues if I was interested in doing some drawing work on a freelance basis. Sometimes I get access to an AutoCAD license if the client provides it, but most don't care what program I use as long as I deliver in dwg-format. I looked at a lot of CAD programs but found QCAD to be the most promising to work with, at a very good price.

So here I am; an old dog trying to learn some new tricks :wink: I already found that some of my old ways of working don't translate 1:1 to QCAD but that's fine. All in all I think the program is great and I look forward to learning it.

My expertise is mainly Electric and Electronics but I dabble in Mechanics, Instrumentation and Architecture as well. My old employer was a multidisciplinairy engineering firm so I was lucky to work on a a big variety of projects. Drawing-standards are a big thing in the industry so I have most European (ISO) norms occupying a big part of my memory-space; if anyone has questions about that, feel free to ask.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: I think it's time to say "Hi"

Post by Husky » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:54 pm

Hi BertMv,

thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the QCAD forum. Nice to have someone with your experience on board!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”