Recent New User

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

TheCabinetGuy
Newbie Member

Recent New User

Post by TheCabinetGuy » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:44 pm

Hi. I purchased the professional license for QCAD last July, after my version of AutoCAD would no longer run under Windows 10 after the upgrade. I did not want to spend a lot of money since I have very simple needs. I am a custom cabinet maker and find a CAD program essential for preventing mistakes in the design. This product has features similar to and some better than AutoCAD so the transition was an easy one.

I am having an issue with printing though, but I do not know where to post it or look for a solution. I have done the tutorial and that was helpful, but I often have lines near the print boundary that do not print. They are on the same layer as the rest of the drawing and I have the line width set to a printable value, as exhibited by the rest of the lines showing up.

Printing is one area where AutoCAD is far superior. In particular, the ability to define a window on the drawing, enabling a portion to be printed as a detail, when working with a large drawing. The ability to window the portion you want to print is huge. I do not concern myself with scaling of the drawing, so simply being bale to plot what is on the display would be awesome.

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Recent New User

Post by CVH » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:14 pm

TheCabinetGuy wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:44 pm
I am having an issue with printing though, but I do not know where to post it or look for a solution.
The forum QCAD 'How Do I' Questions would be appropriate.
Optional if you think it is or it seems an error: QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems
TheCabinetGuy wrote:
but I often have lines near the print boundary that do not print.
Probably a margin or a printer setup issue.
Please look at your printer glue margins for the drawing or application wide.
These also affects printing auto scale.
Some printers can not print right up to the paper edge or you need to alter a setting for that.
TheCabinetGuy wrote:
so simply being able to plot what is on the display would be awesome.
I think that Husky answered that already ... "Print Current View" (Ctrl+Alt+P).
See: https://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic. ... 268#p38269
The only difference is that we don't have to define a window, it prints what you see.
QCAD will then automatically set a paper scale and show you a print preview.
Even then you are able to tweak how it will be printed/exported. :wink:
If all looks OK it is just a matter of hitting the printer icon ... of the preview mode.
Another method is using paper layouts and viewports.
The other link Husky provided. :wink:

Regards,
CVH

TheCabinetGuy
Newbie Member

Post by TheCabinetGuy » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:02 pm

When a line is omitted, it is always on the bottom and/or the left. Never the right or top.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:17 pm

@ TheCabinetGuy,

as you have already been informed, we will be happy to help you with the printer problem. Nevertheless, regarding to forum rules we have to insist that the corresponding forums are used for this.
Please post your question under "QCAD 'How Do I' Questions", describe the problem in detail and attache example dxf/dwg and/or screenshots which will show the issue. I'm sure we can help you in no time.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”