QCAD 2.1.6.4

Post your question about installing or upgrading to QCAD 2.1/2.2. Be sure to search, and check the docs before you post!

Moderator: andrew

Dave
Newbie Member

QCAD 2.1.6.4

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:39 pm

I am looking for where I can download the 2.1.6.4 version of QCad professional for windows.

I see it here in the change log but cant actually find it to download
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad_doc_changelog.html

I have followed the link in my email but I only see 2.1.3.2

I am really looking forward to the scriptable text and also the svg export.

Thanks

The Punisher
Newbie Member

Post by The Punisher » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:08 pm

Add me to the list.

Thanks

michael
Site Admin

Post by michael » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:52 am

2008 will come soon. :-)

The Punisher
Newbie Member

Post by The Punisher » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:17 pm

I just downloaded version 2.1.6.4 linux.
After a day of work, I have discovered some bugs, and some that I do not like.

BUG 1: draw a line than select restrict horizontaly/vertically and continue your line.
Now close the line with right mouse clicking.
Start a new line draw. The restrict horizontaly/vertically icon is still selected but you can freally draw a line as you want.

BUG 2: using dimension tool, after specifing first extension line point, the previewed dimension line is drawn from origin the value selected in edit->current drawing preferences -> dimensions -> extension line offset

NOT LIKE 1: disposition of new icons "cut with reference" & "copy with reference"; i want a paste icon to their right.

NOT LIKE 2: new rulers origin can not be changed, it would be nice if follow the relative zero point.

I hope to be helpful.

TNX

david666

Post by david666 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:53 am

Is this version available to download ?

Thanks
Slackware Inside

andrew
Site Admin

QCad 2.1.6.4

Post by andrew » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:24 pm

We have now updated the download pages for professional users. Please hit reload in your browser to show the download links for QCad 2.1.6.4 at the bottom. Please note that the user interface translations for QCad 2.1.6.4 have not yet been completed.

Dave
Newbie Member

Post by Dave » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:40 pm

Much appreciated

Thank you

ttrw

Post by ttrw » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:28 am

Yes QCad 2.1.6.4 in Leopard doesn't seem to work :?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:01 pm

ttrw wrote:Yes QCad 2.1.6.4 in Leopard doesn't seem to work :?
Please be more specific. QCad 2.1.6.4 should indeed work under Leopard.

ttrw

Post by ttrw » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:28 pm

Tried opening it in the root directory, then the home, then in folder marked CAD, in applications directory, where the previous builds of QCad are, but nothing happens.

QCad looks like it is opening, but then nothing happens.

From console;

01/03/2008 12:26:25 com.apple.launchd[105] ([0x0-0x35035].QCad[287]) posix_spawnp("/Applications/qcad-2.1.6.4-1-prof.macosx.tiger_leopard.universal/QCad.app/Contents/MacOS/QCad", ...): Permission denied
01/03/2008 12:26:25 com.apple.launchd[105] ([0x0-0x35035].QCad[287]) Exited with exit code: 1

ttrw

Post by ttrw » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:47 pm

Really annoyingly though, QCad 2.1.6.4 works fine (or appears to anyway) in Windows XP SP2 (running in Bootcamp mode) :evil:

Why do us UNIX users always have to face humiliation?? :shock: :lol:

FWIW, I like the new interface/ look.

Now to see if the SVG function works or not.

ttrw

Post by ttrw » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:51 pm

Eureka!

Got it working.

It seems that you MUST use Stuffit Expander. I was using some other expander that I had set up because of stability problems with Stuffit.

Sorry for the false alarm folks :oops:

ttrw

Post by ttrw » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:50 pm

First up;

Isometric Projection

Brilliant!! Well done!!! :D :D :D :D :D

(Although I would have preferred the background grid to change too)

Bugs,

1. Backspace delete on my Mac is not working :(

2. SVG export is buggy :cry:
I was really looking forward to that (even though I only found out yesterday!)

3. PDF support is much better- and less buggy, but SVG would be so much better- especially with spline export (although I've been having problems exporting rectangles with SVG).

4. Although there is now support for keycodes in menus, this still doesn't seem to work (on OS X)

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:12 pm

ttrw wrote: Bugs,

1. Backspace delete on my Mac is not working :(
Thanks, will check that.
ttrw wrote: 2. SVG export is buggy :cry:
I can somehow hardly imagine that. I'm using this here on a daily basis for a book I'm writing. May I ask in what context (with what type of application) you are using this?
ttrw wrote: 3. PDF support is much better- and less buggy, but SVG would be so much better- especially with spline export (although I've been having problems exporting rectangles with SVG).
ttrw wrote: 4. Although there is now support for keycodes in menus, this still doesn't seem to work (on OS X)
Yes, unfortunately that is simply not possible under OS X in the same way it is under Linux/Unix and Windows. Under OS X, menus cannot display QCad-style two-letter keycodes.

ttrw

Post by ttrw » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:56 pm

andrew wrote:
ttrw wrote: 2. SVG export is buggy :cry:
I can somehow hardly imagine that. I'm using this here on a daily basis for a book I'm writing. May I ask in what context (with what type of application) you are using this?
For exporting into Cheetah3D. Cheetah3D is an excellent solid modeller for Mac OS X. QCad could be a brilliant front end for Cheetah3D (QCad is already a brilliant front end CAD system for Google Sketchup for eg), and would attract many others to an alternative platform to Windows.

At present, at work, I use a PC running Windows XP. At home, I'm using a Mac. However, I use QCad on both platforms, and have the advantage of both platforms talking to each other via QCad. Because I much prefer the workflow of OS X (and Linux too for that matter, but I've got a Mac, so I'm sticking with that for the moment), I've been trying to work out how I can eventually ditch Windows altogether.

Right now, I've only two applications which support SVG; Purgatory Design's Intaglio, and now QCad. Intaglio works flawlessly exporting SVG files to Cheetah3D, but unfortunately is no CAD program. Cheetah's SVG import is good- I believe, (but I will have to check with its developer).

QCad on the other hand, only parts of the file are 'seen' by C3D. (although viewed as a simple line drawing, there doesn't seem like a problem). Once these files have been imported into C3D, they can be extruded into 3D objects, and rendered to look like buildings etc.

I've imported a QCad SVG file into Intaglio, and everything looks okay, however exporting that file from Intaglio into C3D gives the same results as before, whereas the same design made in Intaglio, gives a perfect result. This would indicate to me that there is a problem with the file that QCad outputs. Perhaps this is a Trolltech thing and not actually the 'fault' of Ribbonsoft? If it is, this would be a terrible shame, as I would probably have to ditch QCad- and I don't want to do that. I adore your software!

Andrew, the actual 'buzzword' for this is 'PDM'- or Product Data Management. Autodesk are notorious for this- especially as they keep changing the parameters of their dxf/dwg format (as most people already know). It's up to us hackers to 'work out' what to do next! ;) :lol:

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Installation and Upgrades”