[SOLVED] Qcad 2.1.2.8 in Xandros 3

Post your question about installing or upgrading to QCAD 2.1/2.2. Be sure to search, and check the docs before you post!

Moderator: andrew

jtechlaser
Newbie Member

[SOLVED] Qcad 2.1.2.8 in Xandros 3

Post by jtechlaser » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:09 pm

I have been using Qcad 2.1.0.0 in both Xandros version 3 and 4 and it works very well. I just downloaded Qcad 2.1.2.8 and it works well in Xandros 4 but, it will not start in version 3. Does anyone know what the difference would be to keep this version from running?

Jim

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Qcad 2.1.2.8 in Xandros 3

Post by andrew » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:28 pm

jtechlaser wrote:I have been using Qcad 2.1.0.0 in both Xandros version 3 and 4 and it works very well. I just downloaded Qcad 2.1.2.8 and it works well in Xandros 4 but, it will not start in version 3. Does anyone know what the difference would be to keep this version from running?

Jim
The problem appears to be libXfixes.so.3. I will most likely be able to provide an update that does not link against libXfixes soon.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Qcad 2.1.2.8 in Xandros 3

Post by andrew » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:49 am

jtechlaser wrote:I have been using Qcad 2.1.0.0 in both Xandros version 3 and 4 and it works very well. I just downloaded Qcad 2.1.2.8 and it works well in Xandros 4 but, it will not start in version 3. Does anyone know what the difference would be to keep this version from running?

Jim
The re-linked version is now available (2.1.3.0-2) from your personal download link.

jtechlaser
Newbie Member

Post by jtechlaser » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:17 am

Thank you for your time. I downloaded and tried the new version and I have the same results. It seems to be something with the file associations. When I first tried to run the new download, Crossover office was trying to open the file. I went into the control panel and removed the association. Now the file manager doesn't know what to open it with and asks me what program is needed to open it with. I tried setting up the permissions in the new Qcad the same as the old Qcad. When I do this nothing happens at all. If I leave the default permission settings, it will ask me what program to open it with. I'm going to post in the Xandros forums as well and see if there is something I may be missing as far as file associations go.
Jim

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri May 04, 2007 9:12 am

Sounds strange. How do you try to run QCad? If you are not trying from the command line, please try this:

cd /directory/where/qcad/is
./qcad

If it won't start, please run ldd to check if you have all required libraries:

ldd qcad
jtechlaser wrote:Thank you for your time. I downloaded and tried the new version and I have the same results. It seems to be something with the file associations. When I first tried to run the new download, Crossover office was trying to open the file. I went into the control panel and removed the association. Now the file manager doesn't know what to open it with and asks me what program is needed to open it with. I tried setting up the permissions in the new Qcad the same as the old Qcad. When I do this nothing happens at all. If I leave the default permission settings, it will ask me what program to open it with. I'm going to post in the Xandros forums as well and see if there is something I may be missing as far as file associations go.
Jim

jtechlaser
Newbie Member

Post by jtechlaser » Wed May 16, 2007 6:24 am

I have tried to run it both from the command line and from within the file manager. When I try from the command line it tells me permission denied. I have tried both as root and as a user.

I ran ldd qcad but I am not sure what the results are telling me.

Jim

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed May 16, 2007 12:31 pm

jtechlaser wrote:I have tried to run it both from the command line and from within the file manager. When I try from the command line it tells me permission denied. I have tried both as root and as a user.

I ran ldd qcad but I am not sure what the results are telling me.

Jim
Looks like the permissions of the binary are not set to executable. You can change that with the command:

chmod a+x ./qcad

ldd shows you if the libraries QCad links against are there. If not, you get "libsomething -> not found" lines in the output.

jtechlaser
Newbie Member

Post by jtechlaser » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:14 am

Very strange. I tried every setting that I could think of and nothing would work. Today I happened to do a new install of Xandros 4. After changing the permissions, it works like a champ. Something some where must have been changed in the old install.
Anyway its working great. I also have it setup and running great in PCLinuxOS2007.

Thanks for all the help.

Jim

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Installation and Upgrades”