new release of the source code

Post your question about installing or upgrading to QCAD 2.1/2.2. Be sure to search, and check the docs before you post!

Moderator: andrew

griffin27
Registered Member

new release of the source code

Post by griffin27 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:58 am

hi,

when will there be a new release of the source code?
since the version 2.0.5 was released on 2005/07/20 and in the meanwhile qcad pro got many new features and bugfixes.
for costum adoptions i would need the source code.

thanks,
griffin27

OldAl

Post by OldAl » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:00 am

Hi,

I just paid for the qcad-pro + book. So far very satisfied with the software (book is on the way and will take some time to get here).

Where can I get the source of the qcad-demo, or community qcad? Do you have a source code for an earlier version of qcad?

I am revising my structural analysis book that is distributed under GPL, with programs in Python (except for matrix packages). I do not have any graphic capabilities in my programs. Perhaps it could be interfaced with qcad.

If you have *any version* source, can you tell me how I could get it, too? A private message from you would be appreciated.

TIA,

OldAl
Algis Kabaila, MEngSc, PhD(Eng)

OldAl

Post by OldAl » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:27 am

OldAl wrote:Hi,
Where can I get the source of the qcad-demo, or community qcad? Do you have a source code for an earlier version of qcad?
OldAl
I withdraw my question - I have downloaded the source tarball from RibbonSoft for version 2.0.5.0. So this is not so far behind the most recent (2.2.2.0) version and it will do me. No plans to do anything with it, anyway. The time down here is too short to satisfy every fancy :)
Algis Kabaila, MEngSc, PhD(Eng)

janif

Re: new release of the source code

Post by janif » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:48 pm

griffin27 wrote: when will there be a new release of the source code?
since the version 2.0.5 was released on 2005/07/20 and in the meanwhile qcad pro got many new features and bugfixes.
This is the same thing I'm wondering. Community edition is quite old and based on qt3.x. And I really think we should abandon in any way we can that obsolete version of this toolkit. Maybe there is a possibility to get very stripped down version of 2.2 released as new Community Edition, if we ask Andrew kindly enough.

Please Andrew.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Installation and Upgrades”