Loading Script when starting QCad

Post here to ask questions about or get help with the scripting module of QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

Mschmidt
Newbie Member

Loading Script when starting QCad

Post by Mschmidt » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:41 pm

Is there any way to automatically load script into the IDE when you first start the program. I feel it's a pain to have to load every time.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:25 pm

On startup, QCad launches function "main" of the script <your home directory>/.qcad/autostart.qs, e.g. "/home/andrew/.qcad/autostart.qs". If you're under Windows, you might have to try some different directories since the home directory depends on your Windows flavor.

Mschmidt
Newbie Member

Post by Mschmidt » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:39 pm

andrew wrote:On startup, QCad launches function "main" of the script <your home directory>/.qcad/autostart.qs, e.g. "/home/andrew/.qcad/autostart.qs". If you're under Windows, you might have to try some different directories since the home directory depends on your Windows flavor.
Hmmm...I should have mentioned that I'm running Mac OS X Leopard. This is an office computer, so I may not have too many admin. privileges. I have tried placing autostart.qs to different folders in the uncompressed Qcad folder (which comes from the download). Nothing seems to work.

It does however load when running from the IDE.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:17 pm

For OS X that's /Users/yourlogin/.qcad/autostart.qs, where "yourlogin" is your login name.

Mschmidt
Newbie Member

Post by Mschmidt » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:41 pm

Oh yes...thank you. I'm new to Mac so please excuse me.

I only now learned how to view system folders.

Thank you for your help.

Love the Program.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Developers”