How to use QCADCAM ?

Discussions around the CAM Add-On of QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Indicate the post processor used.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Clive

How to use QCADCAM ?

Post by Clive » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:26 pm

Hello Andrew

Do we have a manual for how to use the CAM add-on please, I am just starting to use a CNC router now and would very much like to use QCADCAM for this.

Many Thanks

Clive
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Re: How to use QCADCAM ?

Post by andrew » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi Clive,

Note that QCAD/CAM is currently undergoing a major redesign. I'd strongly recommend to get started with the new version (I will send a download link using a PM).

Here's a short tutorial that should give you an idea of what is currently possible with this technology preview, how radius compensation can be used, etc:
QCADCAM_Tutorial_en.pdf
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 667 times
Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Andrew

Clive

Post by Clive » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi Andrew. thanks for this I'll definitely let you know how it goes, as I said I will be getting a CNC router soon (industrial not DIY) and to get started I will be designing and producing some furniture prototypes which if you like I can showcase them a bit here for interest and for testing out the CAM add-on for QCAD?

Clive
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:58 pm

Clive wrote:if you like I can showcase them a bit here for interest and for testing out the CAM add-on for QCAD?
Yes, of course! That would be great. Nothing beats a real project when testing a new software.

Clive

Post by Clive » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Yes no problem with that. I've just had a look at what to expect in the new QCADCAM release, looks exciting Andrew, when are you hoping to release it?
I've designed and made furniture/cabinetry for over 25 years and not once used any CNC routing work in the making so this will be the start of something .a little different for me, so you and others here on the forum will very likely get a few questions as I get going!

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Clive wrote:I've just had a look at what to expect in the new QCADCAM release, looks exciting Andrew, when are you hoping to release it?
I've started releasing this tech preview to interested customers. I'll collect feedback from these early adopters first and depending on how that goes a first release should be available sometime early next year.
Clive wrote:I've designed and made furniture/cabinetry for over 25 years and not once used any CNC routing work in the making so this will be the start of something .a little different for me, so you and others here on the forum will very likely get a few questions as I get going!
No problem :) Any feedback is highly appreciated at this point.

DaveS
Registered Member

Post by DaveS » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:44 pm

andrew wrote:Hi Clive,

Note that QCAD/CAM is currently undergoing a major redesign. I'd strongly recommend to get started with the new version (I will send a download link using a PM).

Here's a short tutorial that should give you an idea of what is currently possible with this technology preview, how radius compensation can be used, etc:

QCADCAM_Tutorial_en.pdf

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Andrew
Hi Andrew,

I just renewed my QCAD PRO license today and upgraded it to QCADCAM at the same time. I would like to know if the
Version: 3.15.5.0 (3.15.5) version of QCADCAM that I downloaded today is the version that the above referenced QCADCAM_Tutorial_en.pdf refers to? If it is not would it be possible to get the technology preview to try out?

Thanks very much!
DaveS

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:46 pm

DaveS: Yes, of course. I will prepare new preview packages shortly. What platform are you on (Windows, macOS, Linux)?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:01 am

DaveS: I've sent a download link for the latest QCAD/CAM snapshot release (3.16.7.1) as private message to you.

olly

Post by olly » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Hello Andrew,
I renewed my CAM in dec 2016 please can you send me a Snapshot Version for Mac OSX too

Thanks

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi Olly. Yes, of course. Please check your private message inbox for the download link. Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Return to “QCAD/CAM”