Option for 'Roughing Out' first

Discussions around the CAM Add-On of QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Indicate the post processor used.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Clive

Option for 'Roughing Out' first

Post by Clive » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:03 pm

Hi Andrew

Would there ba any options added in the new QCAD/CAM to rough out first?
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Option for 'Roughing Out' first

Post by andrew » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi Clive,

What is planned is an "allowance" when creating a toolpath. For roughing, you can then create a roughing toolpath using a roughing tool with an allowance for the tool radius and optionally tool length. You would then in addition create the final toolpath using the same or another tool with zero allowance. I hope that makes sense.

Clive

Re: Option for 'Roughing Out' first

Post by Clive » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:27 pm

andrew wrote:Hi Clive,

What is planned is an "allowance" when creating a toolpath. For roughing, you can then create a roughing toolpath using a roughing tool with an allowance for the tool radius and optionally tool length. You would then in addition create the final toolpath using the same or another tool with zero allowance. I hope that makes sense.
Yes Andrew it all makes sense, thank you, I understand everything ...so far :)

In fact I've got coming in the post a very good book that takes someone new to CNC routing from the beginning through all the basics.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Return to “QCAD/CAM”