[solved] Lost in space!

Discussions around the CAM Add-On of QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Indicate the post processor used.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Dreamaker

[solved] Lost in space!

Post by Dreamaker » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:21 pm

Andrew! is there a simpler way to find errors when trying to connect line. I will try and be clear. When I am creating , I guess it is a trapezoid with rounded corners. Not sure if this is the correct way, but I make circles and over lap the edges of the circle and the trapezoid. I then divide and subtract what I don't want. I then trim the edges then trying to make it one polyline. Well when that doesn't happen, I have to Zoom, Zoom, Zoom in to see if it is detached or did not become trimmed. Once that gets all done then it becomes one ployline. Now in setting up for Cam Toolpath to work properly it needs to be one polyline to function correctly. Now in my drawing there is a the trapezoid shape that I have setup to cut on the outer edge. But when the Cam processes it it shows it to cut on the inner edge, now that tells me there is an error in the trapezoid polyline somewhere. I have gone through it and cannot find my error. Is there a simpler way to detect ones errors in objects to point to the specific item. Have any ideas.

Thank You

Dan
Attachments
XBoxBase.dxf
(568.51 KiB) Downloaded 531 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Lost in space!

Post by andrew » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Using the rounding tool (Modify > Round) on the corners would have guaranteed that there are no gaps.

If there is an open gap in a polyline, it can only possibly be between its start and end point. All other segments are by definition connected.

Dreamaker

Re: Lost in space!

Post by Dreamaker » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:12 pm

I found it, I had to go deep zoom to find it. I will work with that Rounder tool.

Thank You

Daan

Return to “QCAD/CAM”