Can't open dxf files created by qcad

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

cool.occd
Newbie Member

Can't open dxf files created by qcad

Post by cool.occd » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:08 pm

Hello,

I have the same trouble here...
Though I may have opened it with the pro trial activated but when I open the file in a text editor it looks like an R15 dxf :

Code: Select all

SECTION
HEADER
$ACADVER
AC1015
$ACADMAINTVER
I have several files with the same header, some open, some don't...

Any idea ?

Thanks

Olivier
Attachments
lutin A.dxf
(390.02 KiB) Downloaded 479 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Can't open dxf files created by qcad

Post by andrew » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:17 pm

The file opens here without any problems. What warning / error do you get? What operating system are you using and what is your exact QCAD version? Thanks.

cool.occd
Newbie Member

Post by cool.occd » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi

The error I get:
Opening drawing: D:\Dropbox\lAdF Production\Découpe\fees\lutin A.dxf...
Cannot open file 'D:\Dropbox\lAdF Production\Découpe\fees\lutin A.dxf'. Import failed.
Win 10 64 bit
and last version of qcad (3.16.2) but I had the same error with the previous install (3.15.?)
maybe a hit : the pro version expired (more than 100 session... didn't know there was this limitation...)

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:33 pm

cool.occd wrote:the pro version expired
The QCAD Community Edition uses dxflib which cannot handle international characters in paths (Découpe).

cool.occd
Newbie Member

Post by cool.occd » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi, thanks for the information... I change the folder name and now the file opens, but the splines don't show up...

The entities exist but are not displayed until selected...

One more hint : I tried to remove the pro add-on but it came back after reboot...
Attachments
lutin.PNG
lutin.PNG (128.96 KiB) Viewed 10749 times
lutin selected.PNG
lutin selected.PNG (157.98 KiB) Viewed 10749 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:46 pm

cool.occd wrote:The entities exist but are not displayed until selected...
I can reproduce that and after exploding the splines to polylines it will get better ..... but still not good enough. Check it out by yourself:
lutin A_nosplines.dxf
(406.74 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
cool.occd wrote:One more hint : I tried to remove the pro add-on but it came back after reboot...
What is your OS? Win10? Try this solution to remove the add-on's (last posting)
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2818&p=15811&hilit ... tor#p15811
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

cool.occd
Newbie Member

Post by cool.occd » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:25 am

Hello

Thanks for your hints Husky

I am running on Win10 and I managed to remove the add-on while running QCad as admin. But when opening a file from the explorer it looks like it is not admin and then reinstalls the add-on and tells me it has expired... I can deal with it but it is quite strange I think...

As for the undisplayed splines I cannot explode them with the add-on removed... Well... I can... but they are converted into nothing...
I managed to explode them with another laptop and the add-on working but as you mentioned :
Husky wrote:still not good enough
there are too many entities created from on spline to work on it (meaning modify it)

Anyway, thanks for your help
And best wishes for 2017 !

PS: sorry for taking so long but I tried to answer several times in my freetimes but always had a logging timeout when sending the message... Maybe I am to slow typing in english... but this time I copied the content before being logged out ;)

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 pm

cool.occd wrote:I am running on Win10 and I managed to remove the add-on while running QCad as admin. But when opening a file from the explorer it looks like it is not admin and then reinstalls the add-on and tells me it has expired... I can deal with it but it is quite strange I think...
Looks like you have multiple copies of QCAD installed.
As for the undisplayed splines I cannot explode them with the add-on removed... Well... I can... but they are converted into nothing...
Make sure add-ons are either installed and enabled or removed (not expired).
PS: sorry for taking so long but I tried to answer several times in my freetimes but always had a logging timeout when sending the message... Maybe I am to slow typing in english... but this time I copied the content before being logged out ;)
Please use the URL qcad.org/rsforum to access the forum (not ribbonsoft.com).

cool.occd
Newbie Member

Post by cool.occd » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:29 pm

andrew wrote:
cool.occd wrote:I am running on Win10 and I managed to remove the add-on while running QCad as admin. But when opening a file from the explorer it looks like it is not admin and then reinstalls the add-on and tells me it has expired... I can deal with it but it is quite strange I think...
Looks like you have multiple copies of QCAD installed.
Good catch... I actually had an old x86 version...
but after uninstalling it I removed successfully the addon (as admin) and then I opened a file from explorer and ... BAM : "Please wait while windows configures QCAD 3.16.2"... and the addon is back...

Make sure add-ons are either installed and enabled or removed (not expired).
Well, when the addon is removed, I cannot see the splines, and when I explode it, it looks like I have invisible polylines but when I save, everything is gone...
When the addon is expired, I got the same result...
When the addon is enabled, heum... I can't enable it on this computer but I looks like it works fine (hopefully)...
But, I just realized that when I open a file from the explorer, QCAD opens it before checking if the addon is expired... I can explode the splines but I got a 62MB file ! from 391KB with the splines...

Please use the URL qcad.org/rsforum to access the forum (not ribbonsoft.com).
That's the URL I use, but I forgot to check the "remember me" checkbox... my fault... even if I think that the timeout delay is quite short...

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”