[solved] Installation confusion.

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

Jim.Thompson

[solved] Installation confusion.

Post by Jim.Thompson » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:26 am

I have installed this (latest?) version of QCad: qcad-3.16.2-trial-linux-x86_64/qcad
I managed to open a new file and start some drawing, with some success. However, the notification that the proffessional features were turned off after only minutes of my test drawing to get a feel for the feature. I then removed them as instructed.
To many of the features have disappeared and I am unable to find my way around some of the basic commands that I quickly found before I removed the "QCAD Professional add-on running in trial mode", as instructed on the download site here:

I am using Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon desktop in a 64 bit computer.

Also, I did try to find out where to remove the file and re-install it, but could not find it.

I am totally new to QCad, but I very much liked the featured and ease of finding functions that I experienced in my first minutes of exploring this application. What is the usual limit on the trial add-on?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Installation confusion.

Post by andrew » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:30 am

When the trial add-on expires after 15min, you can simply restart QCAD to continue your trial for another 15min, etc.

After removing the trial version, you are left with the free QCAD Community Edition which has no limits but has indeed less functions and tools (see https://www.qcad.org/en/qcad-documentat ... d-features).

If you decide to use the full version of QCAD Professional with all features enabled, you can buy a license for a small fee from our online-shop at:
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/shop/

Jim.Thompson

Re: Installation confusion. (solved)

Post by Jim.Thompson » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:45 pm

andrew wrote:When the trial add-on expires after 15min, you can simply restart QCAD to continue your trial for another 15min, etc.
Thanks for the reply Andrew. I found that the second time I opened the program after deleting the add-on, all the functions that I need for my particular uses were restored again. Before that, a lot of functions included in the list in the documentation as community version features,that you link to in your reply, were not functional. Happily, they are now. It seemed that it just needed to be re-started again. I have only used this program for less then two hours, but already I like it very much.
If you decide to use the full version of QCAD Professional with all features enabled, you can buy a license for a small fee from our online-shop at:
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/shop/
There are quite a few of the professional version features (listed in italics), in the list that I know nothing about. I will open another thread with a number of questions about these. The long list of polylines features is just one area that I am ignorant of.
Who knows, I may end up purchasing the commercial (professional) version if I learn that there are some features in it that I can use. The price is very reasonable I think.
I will now mark this thread as solved.

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”