[FeatureRequest] Reference points for circuit plans

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

massimo

[FeatureRequest] Reference points for circuit plans

Post by massimo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi,
I'm going to create a circuit plan with QCad. For the wiring from a terminal A to a terminal B I don't like to draw all single lines, as the crossing and curving lines logically are not important.

So I was guessing about a feature, that I can't find. Is there a way to have reference points, like a Reference A is pointing to a reference B? So hovering A will highlight B or something?

I thought about different approaches for connecting some all sockets of a terminal A to a distant terminal B:

* Adding numbered references like #A003, #A004 as text on each side.
* Drawing direct lines between the sockets on a layer that can just be hidden (still confusing)
* Drawing the lines in the correct order and position: Here the problem is that the connecting wire as a line is not one single object. I would need to make blocks of each wire for hiding the single wire.

Any other idea? I know there is better circuit design software, but I do everything in QCad, and it is only to design the position of all modules and wiring.
Last edited by massimo on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Community Version 3.28.2.0, Gentoo Linux on amd64

massimo

Re: Reference points for circuit plans

Post by massimo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:41 pm

massimo wrote:* Drawing the lines in the correct order and position: Here the problem is that the connecting wire as a line is not one single object. I would need to make blocks of each wire for hiding the single wire.
Ok, at least this one can be achieved with a poly-line.
Community Version 3.28.2.0, Gentoo Linux on amd64

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Reference points for circuit plans

Post by Husky » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi,
massimo wrote:Any other idea?
Using Points in a block?

1. Point = Start wire
2. Point = End wire

Create a block with Point 1 + 2 / reference is one of this points,

Hovering with the mouse over one point will highlight both points .....
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”