custom attributes

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

pdubalen
Newbie Member

custom attributes

Post by pdubalen » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:55 am

In addition to the area attribute of the polyline I would also need xmax, xmin, ymax and ymin.
Is is possible to define custom attributes for these informations ? May be I need the pro version to do that.

Additionaly, is it possible to extract a list of all polylines objetcs in a drawing with some attributes, to use it for statistical purposes with Excel for example ?
Thank you.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: custom attributes

Post by andrew » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:22 pm

pdubalen wrote:In addition to the area attribute of the polyline I would also need xmax, xmin, ymax and ymin.
Is is possible to define custom attributes for these informations ? May be I need the pro version to do that.
Not without changing C++ code.
Additionaly, is it possible to extract a list of all polylines objetcs in a drawing with some attributes, to use it for statistical purposes with Excel for example ?
Sure, using the script interface, you could relatively easily build a tool that exports information about entities to CSV or XML for example.

pdubalen
Newbie Member

Post by pdubalen » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Oh thanks, the x and y coordinates of the points of the polyline being available, I thought that the calculation of min and max was not a big issue, but OK.

Is the pro version required to use what you call the script interface ?

Thanks again.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:24 pm

pdubalen wrote:Oh thanks, the x and y coordinates of the points of the polyline being available, I thought that the calculation of min and max was not a big issue, but OK.
It's not. The bounding box is just not something a user is typically interested in.
pdubalen wrote:Is the pro version required to use what you call the script interface ?
No, see "scripts" folder.

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”