Do folks acutally work on the bug Reports?

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

bschmall123
Newbie Member

Do folks acutally work on the bug Reports?

Post by bschmall123 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:42 pm

Firstly I understand I have no idea about how a typical day goes for devs there, not to mention this is not a program like the big ones who charge copious money for fixes and updates. However I see that the bug forum shows very little work going on or replies to action items. Has it been terminated is my question. No more work on bug reports? Or am I not allowed to see the results of the bar graphs showing work done on the various items? Just curious. As I mentioned before I do like using the program. It just seems the bug forum is either not working or discontinued from what I have seen.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Do folks acutally work on the bug Reports?

Post by andrew » Fri May 01, 2015 10:57 pm

The bug tracker is active and the primary place to store and manage bugs and feature requests. However, since fixing a bug or implementing a feature request usually does not take more than a few hours, I almost never bother to update the progress bars every few minutes.

The key to having a bug fixed is to provide as detailed information as possible about how to reproduce a bug. If a bug is reproducible here and considered crucial, it will usually get fixed fairly quickly.

Return to “Chat”