Qcad and Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon

Post your question about installing or upgrading QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Post one question per topic.

sswcharlie
Newbie Member

Qcad and Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon

Post by sswcharlie » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:09 am

Hi

Which is the best version of Qcad best to dowload ? 32 bit. The tar file or the other one. With the other one it starts to download the script but does not ever finish. I have to abort firefox to get out of it.

For an old timer, what is the best and 'easiest' way tou install ? Only a single click or two!

Thankyou

Charles Harris

Clive

Re: Qcad and Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon

Post by Clive » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:29 am

Hello Charles, welcome.

The installer would be the easiest option to use, download and save the file to your desktop, right click and set the permissions to readable and executable, then run in terminal.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:53 am

sswcharlie wrote:With the other one it starts to download the script but does not ever finish. I have to abort firefox to get out of it.
To download the installer, you might have to right-click on the download button and choose 'Save as' or similar. You do not want your browser to display the installer - you want to download the file to disk.

Detailed installation instructions are available at:
http://www.qcad.org/en/qcad-installation#linux

sswcharlie
Newbie Member

Post by sswcharlie » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:30 am

Hi Clive and Andrew

Thanks for your info. Appreciated.
wi
From that I have got QCAD up and running great. Had a little hiccup with the name of the file (I copied it from the wrong place and it was slightly different)

My first time using the Terminal, was not that scary afterall!

Love QCAD and look forward to using. Will post a couple of questions on the forum re using different tools etc.

Thanks and regards

Charles Harris

hungerburg
Premier Member

Post by hungerburg » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:26 am

andrew wrote:To download the installer, you might have to right-click on the download button and choose 'Save as' or similar. You do not want your browser to display the installer - you want to download the file to disk.
I clicked there in the shop, "https://www.ribbonsoft.com/shop/download/[…]/qcad-3.6.0-pro-linux-x86_64.run" and indeed was presented with text. You should configure the web-server, in apache eg:

Code: Select all

AddType application/octet-stream .run
If that is not enough, probably also add

Code: Select all

<FilesMatch \.(?i:run)$>
  Header set Content-Disposition attachment
</FilesMatch>

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am

Yes, thanks. I am aware of this issue. However, I have to reply on our web server provider to fix the problem eventually.

Return to “QCAD Installation and Upgrades”