orthogonal mode

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

bobself

orthogonal mode

Post by bobself » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:50 pm

Can you add a feature to turn on orthogonal mode? Like 'ev' + 'eh' and make it sticky until you toggle it off? General Cadd had that feature and I used it a lot. It was the 'or' command.

jvalencia

Re: orthogonal mode

Post by jvalencia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:40 am

'eo' is what you need. It will stay active until you change the tool

bobself

Post by bobself » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:34 pm

I purchased Qcad and have been using it for about 1 week. It's great. But I still would like a 'sticky' ortho mode. It keeps turning off and I keep turning it back on. EO works, but doesn't last long. If you're drawing a floor plan for example you may not want diagonal lines for hours.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:16 pm

Hello bobself,
bobself wrote:... But I still would like a 'sticky' ortho mode. It keeps turning off and I keep turning it back on. EO works, but doesn't last long. If you're drawing a floor plan for example you may not want diagonal lines for hours.
Maybe just me but I can't see any benefit in a "'sticky ortho mode".
I can handle everything just fine with the already existing Snap tools and a wise Auto snap setting. Could you explain more?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

philt
Newbie Member

Post by philt » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:18 pm

Looks like others would like to see this.
Autocad handles this by allowing you to hold the shift key while drawing a line, moving, copying, etc. Simply release the shift key if you do not want ortho.
This would be a great adder IMO.

riverbuoy

Post by riverbuoy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:05 am

Hi All,

I think what you need is the snap restriction - 'Restrict Angle or Length'. This is in the snap menu, or you can use the shortcut 'EL'.
This displays in the options toolbar four input boxes and two check buttons. The first check button is labeled 'Angle', followed by an input box for angle, and an input box for base. If the check button is checked then the mouse cursor is restricted to multiples of the angle, starting at base. The default value for angle is fifteen degrees, and the default base is zero degrees. So the mouse cursor is restricted to zero degrees, fifteen degrees, thirty degrees.. etc. This default value allows you to snap to zero degrees, ninety degrees, one hundred and eighty degrees and two hundred and seventy degrees. You can check and uncheck the check button at any time in any command. The restriction stays in force when the check button is checked. You can use the shortcut in any command, so if you are in the move command, type EL, and the restriction boxes appear.
The second check button is labeled 'Distance', followed by an input box for distance, and an input box for base. This restricts the mouse cursor to multiples of the distance entered, starting at a base distance. The distance is relative to the current point (I.e. relative zero point). Again you can check and uncheck the check button at any time in any command. The restriction stays in force when the check button is checked. You can use the shortcut in any command, so if you are in the move command, type EL, and the restriction boxes appear.
This is sort of sticky, but you decide when you want the restriction active.

Hope this helps.

Regards

riverbuoy

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”