iOS Version

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

Lyle
Registered Member

iOS Version

Post by Lyle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:40 pm

I was wondering if there are any plans to create an iOS version of QCad? There are a few cad programs in the app store but seems they are all lacking. I enjoy using QCad on my Mac but would be very handy to have an iOS version.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:42 am

That's extremely unlikely. Certainly not in the near future, sorry.

The effort of such a port would be huge, the outcome uncertain (would it perform and be usable at all on such a limited device without mouse or keyboard) and finally the market would be rather limited.

I'm somewhat surprised that you could imagine creating and editing drawings with a finger on a small touch screen. I can see how iPads can be useful for viewing content but not for creating or editing content. Maybe I'm wrong..

Lyle
Registered Member

ios

Post by Lyle » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:52 am

Thanks for the reply. it is along the line of what I thought it would be. The iPad is quit nice for working on but doing extended cad work would be a pain. How ever small edits, basic dimensioning and such seems feasible. Right now I use AutoCads iOS app. Wishing for more features. Thanks anyway. Maybe the demand will come in the future.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”