QCAD 3 BETA 3, Issues

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

koosjr
Newbie Member

QCAD 3 BETA 3, Issues

Post by koosjr » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:47 am

OK, Version Beta 3 installed on both Windows and Linux.

Windows Bugs:

1. For some reason on the Window machine, the snap toolbar buttons are doubled for all functions. I therefore have two buttons for each type of snap and cannot access the bottom snaps unless I undoc the toolbar.

For some reason, this is still fine in the Linux Beta 3. Single buttons like always.

Issues on Both:

1. When selecting the Scissors function, it deactivates after the cut is done. One can therefore not continuously select lines and cut it at the selected point. Each time the function has to be activated from the start.

Beta 3 seems faster in opening drawings than Beta 2.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:38 am

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: QCAD 3 BETA 3, Issues

Post by Husky » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:52 pm

koosjr wrote: 1. For some reason on the Window machine, the snap toolbar buttons are doubled for all functions. I therefore have two buttons for each type of snap and cannot access the bottom snaps unless I undoc the toolbar.
@koosjr:
I have seen this behavior after the Beta3 was installed in the same (already existing) subdirectory from the Beta2.
I reinstalled the Beta3 in a new subdirectory and everything was nice working ... :wink:

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:02 pm

Husky: thanks for the hint.

It's definitely a good idea to uninstall older versions before installing a new one.

I'm checking if this could be done or at least encouraged automatically when the installer is run.

J-J

Post by J-J » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:01 pm

I found the same problem of double entries in the SNAP menu. I tried your suggestion of uninstalling. The fresh install is now allright for that matter.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”