layer colors set to "custom" when drawing is opene

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

hboie
Registered Member

layer colors set to "custom" when drawing is opene

Post by hboie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi!

first of all: well done! The new release ist greate (even though i also liked the 2.2 - and still also use this version).

I have started a drawing in the stable release (2.2). Afterwards i changed it with the new release (first 3.0 rc3 - then 3.0 rc4, when i noticed the problem).

I cannot tell when it really started - but now the colors of all layers, which used to be black, are set to "custom" and appear to be something between brown and red. If i change the colors again to "black", then everything is ok. I save the file and when i open it again, the color settings are "custom" again...

I don't know how the attach a file... but i can send it via email, if you want.

Best regards,

hans

P.S.: operating System: Windows XP

Clive

Re: layer colors set to "custom" when drawing is o

Post by Clive » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:57 pm

hboie wrote:Hi!

first of all: well done! The new release ist greate (even though i also liked the 2.2 - and still also use this version).

I have started a drawing in the stable release (2.2). Afterwards i changed it with the new release (first 3.0 rc3 - then 3.0 rc4, when i noticed the problem).

I cannot tell when it really started - but now the colors of all layers, which used to be black, are set to "custom" and appear to be something between brown and red. If i change the colors again to "black", then everything is ok. I save the file and when i open it again, the color settings are "custom" again...

I don't know how the attach a file... but i can send it via email, if you want.

Best regards,

hans

P.S.: operating System: Windows XP
hans welcome

In 3 rc4 if you start a new drawing (just something simple) are you getting the same problem?

What file format are you working in?

hboie
Registered Member

Post by hboie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi clive!

Thank you very much for your fast answer.

If I start a new file in 3 rc4, save it and load it again everything is fine.

I tried something more:

1) if is load the corrupted file with "custom" color, switch all layer colors to "black" and use "save as" (Format "R2010 dxf") into a new file, then it also works fine. If i open this new file again the layer colors are black.

2) if i load the corrupted file with "custom" color and just "save as" with a new filename and open this new file again - the layer colors are still "custom". If I change them now, save it and open it again, it works.

I think it seems to be a very rare case, so I'm not sure if it's worth bothering - nevertheless if you have a big drawing and have to change all colors, it might be anoying. I think i remember a similar behaviour when we changed from older Scribus version to a newer one - which is also based on Qt - perhaps it has something to do with the color handling in Qt?

Best regards,

Hans

Clive

Post by Clive » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:09 pm

hboie wrote:Hi clive!

Thank you very much for your fast answer.

If I start a new file in 3 rc4, save it and load it again everything is fine.

I tried something more:

1) if is load the corrupted file with "custom" color, switch all layer colors to "black" and use "save as" (Format "R2010 dxf") into a new file, then it also works fine. If i open this new file again the layer colors are black.

2) if i load the corrupted file with "custom" color and just "save as" with a new filename and open this new file again - the layer colors are still "custom". If I change them now, save it and open it again, it works.

I think it seems to be a very rare case, so I'm not sure if it's worth bothering - nevertheless if you have a big drawing and have to change all colors, it might be anoying. I think i remember a similar behaviour when we changed from older Scribus version to a newer one - which is also based on Qt - perhaps it has something to do with the color handling in Qt?

Best regards,

Hans
Hmm

I think if it was me I would use method 1 definitely -just 'save as' R2010 dxf if you have any more files that you need to work on from version 2.2.

Anyways I`m glad you sorted this out. :wink:

J-J

layer color change

Post by J-J » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:20 pm

I have had the exact same behavior happen many times. Not sure yet with RC4 as it is still fairly recent. I noticed this problem mostly when working alternatively with ver2.2.2.0 and 3.
system Win7-64

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”