[Closed] Linux installer does nothing linux mint 13 xfce 4

Post your question about installing or upgrading QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Post one question per topic.

j22
Registered Member

[Closed] Linux installer does nothing linux mint 13 xfce 4

Post by j22 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:46 pm

Linux installer does nothing. Running linux mint 13 xfce 4, 32 bit. The downloaded installer file is named qcad-3.4.6-pro-linux-x86_64.run. Reading earlier posts, it seems the installer might be named with a .bin extension in the past.(?) At any rate, I renamed the file to a .bin extension in properties but it still does nothing. I should point out that I have downloaded the file about 4 times. When I click on "download" it does not download a file but rather opens a new tab in Firefox browser and the code for the file is displayed in the browser window. It does nothing. To download the file I right click on 'download' and click 'save link as' ; it will then download the file with the .run extension as stated above. I mark it as executable under properites but it does nothing when I try to run it. I have not uncompressed the .tar file as I would much prefer to get the installer working. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Clive

Re: Linux installer does nothing linux mint 13 xfce 4

Post by Clive » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:06 am

Hi j22, welcome.

I notice that you are running Mint on 32 bit, try downloading the 32 bit file and executing that if not have you tried installing this from terminal - Desktop/qcad....press enter ?
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

j22
Registered Member

Re: Linux installer does nothing linux mint 13 xfce 4

Post by j22 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:57 pm

Let's just close this issue out please. While I thought I was careful to use the 32 bit installer, I was a bit ill at the time so I have to conclude it was my error. I still have not got it to install on the Mint 13, 32 bit xfce machine, but it installed fine on my normal desktop Mint 9 machine. I'm sure it will install ok on the xfce machine when I have more time to put on it. Thank you.

Return to “QCAD Installation and Upgrades”