Stacked super/sub-scripts

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

striker

Stacked super/sub-scripts

Post by striker » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:49 pm

Win7, QCAD V3.4.6 Have been trying the example in the e-book bottom of page 152, in the dimensions option toolbar, but it doesn't work for me. That formatting doesn't get recognized. If I replace the second "\" with a "^" then the formatting is recognized but I can't stack the super/sub-scripts.

Clive

Re: Stacked super/sub-scripts

Post by Clive » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Need to look at this a bit more but for me I just use either the 'Upper and Lower' tolerance fields in the dimension label option or in the property editor, a lot easier than using the syntax needed and stacks nicely :wink:
Upper and Lower tolerence.png
Upper and Lower tolerence.png (11.9 KiB) Viewed 7559 times
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

striker

Post by striker » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:27 am

Thanks, I didn't think of using the property editor to edit existing dimension labels. I forgot to mention that I would also like to do this using the text tool.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:18 am

The correct syntax is:
Text\SUpper^Lower;
This will be adjusted in the e-book.

Note that in the text dialog, you can also produce stacked text by creating superscript followed directly by subscript:
Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 09.18.25.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-14 at 09.18.25.png (79.38 KiB) Viewed 7637 times

striker

Post by striker » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:12 pm

A little aggravated since the forum software just logged me out while editing this reply, then when I logged back in, all my reply was lost.

Short version reply: Thanks for clearing that up. I was under the wrong impression that the Text Tool Window, Rich Text display, is a true replica of what will be placed in the drawing, but it is not. The B is not directly above the C in your example above, yet it places onto the drawing correctly. As you know, the correct syntax also works properly in the Dimension Options Tool text box without the need to use the tolerance text boxes.

Thanks for creating such amazing software.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”